He Puna Taimoana
He Puna Taimoana, the hot pools at New Brighton, was Stage 2 of the regeneration of the New Brighton foreshore.
The design and construction included 5 open-air hot pools, plunge pool, sauna, steam room, and café, ground source heat pumps, and public beach-facing facilities including a new coastal protection wall, boardwalk and sand dune establishment and soft planting.
Rhodes + Associates Limited worked closely with the client to ensure this inclusive, intuitive approach ran smoothly and to plan.
- Clients: DCL and Christchurch City Council
- Project Manager: Team Projects and Select Projects
- Services Consultants: Powell Fenwick
- Structural Engineers: Beca, ENGEO Limited
- Architects: AW Architects
- CPTED and Accessibility: Creative Intentions
- Landscape Architects: Glasson Huxtable Landscape Architects
- Environmental: Aurecon
- Planning: Planz Consultants
- Christchurch regeneration cultural adviser: Matapopore Charitable Trust
- Contractors: Apollo Projects, City Care Property, Ian Coombes Swimming Pools Limited, McMillan Drilling
- Cost management
- Contract procurement
- Contract administration